The Datacard® CR500 instant issuance system—integrated with Datacard® CardWizard® issuance software—delivers the consistency, reliability and security you need to issue ready-to-use, flat financial cards on-demand. This powerful, yet user-friendly system is ideal for banks, credit unions, retailers and service bureaus looking to provide cardholders with highly customized cards, immediate buying power and enhanced service levels. Brilliant, full-color printing lets you turn blank stock into customized cards in seconds. This can dramatically reduce costs associated with card pre-printing, card inventories, mail packages and postage.
- Reliably issue customized cards on-demand
- Drive revenue, activation rates and card usage
- Enhance customer service levels
- Simplify the transition to EMV® smart cards
Brilliant one- and two-sided printing
Produce exceptionally high-quality flat cards with the CR500 system. Card design options include full-bleed logos, text and graphics. Choose one- or two-sided printing.
Multiple physical and logical security features protect data, card stock and supply items. SSL/TSL encryption and other advanced features help ensure full compliance with Visa and MasterCard security standards.
Multi-card input hopper
Increase efficiency with three card input sources—two 50-card hoppers and one 70-card hopper. You can issue multiple card types (credit, debit or ATM) from a single system while minimizing card inventory and preprinting costs.
Reliably print up to 100 one-sided cards per hour (36 seconds per card) or 55 two-sided cards per hour (65 seconds per card).
EMV® smart cards
The CR500 system is smart card-ready so that you can efficiently and securely transition to EMV® smart cards when the time is right.
Datacard, CardWizard, and CR500 are registered trademarks, trademarks, and/or service marks of DataCard Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. EMV is a trademark of EMVCo, LLC.
- Dye-sublimation retransfer printing
- 300 dots per inch (dpi)
- 4-color, one-sided card in 36 seconds or 2-sided card in 65 seconds
- One- or two-sided printing
- Over-the-edge, full-card printing
- Full-color images
- Three-compartment multi-card input hopper: two 50-card hoppers, one 70-card hopper, based on 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) cards
- Output hopper: 5 cards, based on 0.030 in. (0.76 mm) cards
- Exception card slide
- L 29 in. x W 15 in. x H 13 in. (73.7 cm x 38.1 cm x 33.0 cm)
- 47 lbs. (21.3 kg) — approximate, does not include all built-in options or financial options
- Ethernet and USB 2.0
Card types accepted
- ISO/CR-80 size
- 3.370 in. x 2.125 in. (85.60 mm x 53.98 mm)
- PVC, ABS, PET, PET-G, Polycarbonate
Card thickness accepted
- 0.68 mm to 0.84 mm (27 mil to 33 mil)
- ISO magnetic stripe
- Contact and contactless smart card encoder for ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 7816 and MIFARE®
- Single-wire connectivity
- Supports production of EMV® chip cards
- SSL/TSL encryption supports AES-128
- Software-activated lock with back-up mechanical locks to secure card stock, supplies and rejected cards
- Bolt-down provision for securing printer to work area
- Kensington lock compatible (lock sold separately)
- Concealed output hopper
- 24-month standard depot warranty
- Lifetime printhead warranty