Datacard® ID Works® Identification Software Support
Please contact the sales and service provider in your geographic area to help you with your technical questions.
Click here to locate your Datacard sales and service representative.
For immediate assistance Datacard has Customer Support Centers that are available to serve customers in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific regions. We will be able to provide you with the authorized service provider nearest you.
- Americas, CardWizard Support +1 800.568.4598 or +1 952.988.1512
- Americas +1 800.328.3996 or +1 952.988.2316
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) +44 1489555627
- Asia Pacific +852 2821 0126
Download and install this plug-in if you are using a Datacard SD/CD or CE printer with ID Works v5.1 identification software. The plug-in is required to support card production features such as K panel printing, topcoat application, and magnetic stripe encoding.
The plug-in requires the following to install and function:
- ID Works v5.1 Service Pack 1
- XPS Card Printer Driver v4.1 or later
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
NOTE: This plug-in version replaces the plug-in included with the v5.0 XPS Card Printer driver installation. The plug-in included with the v5.0 driver installation does not support ID Works v5.1 software.
If you are using ID Works, IDCentre, or WebID and would like to incorporate
facial capture functionality with 1 of 11 Canon® DSLR camera models, download
and run the attached file.
The DSLR-1 camera plug-in v1.1 software provides integrated photo capture support for the following Canon cameras
- Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
- Canon EOS 450D/Rebel XSi
Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 50D
Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
* Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i * Canon EOS 60D * Canon EOS 600D/Rebel T3i
- Canon EOS 1100D/Rebel T3
* These cameras have been tested by Datacard.
Datacard supports the use of DSLR-1 camera plug-in software with the following applications:
- Datacard ID Works® v6.5 (Basic, Standard and Enterprise)
- Datacard ID Works® v5.1 with Service Pack 1 applied (Basic, Standard and Enterprise)
- Datacard IDCentre™ v6.5 (Bronze, Silver and Gold)
- Datacard IDCentre™ v5.2 (Bronze, Silver and Gold)
- Datacard WebID™ Workstation v6 or later
Operating systems supported by the applications listed above are supported by the DSLR-1 camera plug-in with the following exceptions:
- Windows 2000 is not supported by the camera plug-in.
- Windows XP 64-bit is not supported by the camera plug-in.
NOTE: When using the camera with ID Works/ID Centre, make sure the dial on the camera is set to P. If this is not set you will not see the menus to configure the camera.
For customers who wish to use Datacard® ID Works® Identification Software v6.5 and Datacard® IDCentre Identification Software v6.5 on Microsoft® 64-bit Operating Systems, download and run the attached file. The upgrade installs the necessary 64-bit prerequisite software enabling you to run on that operating system. A 64 bit printer driver for your printer is also required.
If you are using ID Works v6.0 software and plan to continue to use Microsoft
Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system, you do not
need to upgrade to v6.5 as no new features have been added. If you do
not have a card printer driver that is Vista or Windows 7 operating system
compatible, or if you are using the Tru Fingerprint solution, do NOT upgrade.
If you are using Tru Photo solution, you must have v6.5 or greater and if you are using
Tru Signature solution, you must have v6.5. All components must be Vista or
Windows 7 operating system compatible for the solution to run on Vista.
Before installing the upgrade, read the complete description. If you are using Tru Capture solutions, you must use the Vista or Windows 7 operating system compatible software version and hardware noted in the description. If your card printer is not Vista or Windows 7 operating system compatible, please do not upgrade.
If you have any questions regarding upgrades, please contact your Datacard service provider.
This upgrade will install the new software for the following products:
- Datacard® ID Works® Enterprise software
- Datacard® ID Works® Enterprise Production software
- Datacard® ID Works® Enterprise Designer software
- Datacard® ID Works® Standard software
- Datacard® ID Works® Standard Production software
- Datacard® ID Works® Standard Designer software
- Datacard® ID Works® Basic software
- Datacard® ID Works® Intro software
Before installing the software, please make sure that you are using ID Works v6.0. If you have an older version of ID Works software, please contact your Datacard Service Provider to discuss an upgrade. If you upgrade to ID Works v6.5 software to run on Vista operating system and are using any of the software offerings listed below, you must also upgrade those applications to be compatible. If you are using hardware that is not Vista operating system compatible, do not upgrade.
- Datacard® ID Works® Visitor Manager software v6.5 upgrade
- Datacard® Tru Photo v 7.1 software upgrade
- Datacard® Tru Signature Pointe v6.5 software upgrade
Licensed users of ID Works Intro, Basic, Standard, Standard Production, Standard Designer, Enterprise, Enterprise Production, Enterprise Designer v6.0 can download Service Pack 1.
Service Pack 1 Download
Service Pack 1 can be installed over ID Works® software v6.0 release (all editions including Intro, Basic, Standard and Enterprise). If any of the ID Works software add-on products are installed after the service pack, then you need to install the service pack once again.
Service Pack 1 Installation
The ID Works service pack will install when ID Works software v6.0 is detected.
Licensed users of Datacard® ID Works® Basic, Standard, Standard Production and Standard Designer, Enterprise and Enterprise Production identification software v5.0 and v5.1 can download Service Pack 1.
Service Pack 1 is for Datacard ID Works identification software v5.0 and v5.1 (all editions) and not for Datacard ID Works identification software v4.x (all editions). The following issues have been resolved in Service Pack 1.
Service Pack 1
- IBM® DB2® software date data type does not accept time
- SDK GetField
- Right-to-Left text
- Time not displayed for localized AM/PM
- Contactless graphic printed on card
- Project export appends files
- Multiple WMF sig capture leaves temp files
- Barcode background color not functional
- Printing multiple report blocks on CR80 card
- Saving files to a Unix File Server
- Printing to non-unicode compliant printer drivers
- Using capture server device after it is uninstalled causes GPF
- Closing production in table view may lock application
- Support UTF-8 encoding for LDAP
Datacard Group Contacts
If you have questions related to the ID Works software Service Pack, please contact your Datacard sales representative.
Licensed users of ID Works® Basic, Standard, Standard Production, Standard Designer, Enterprise, Enterprise Production, Enterprise Designer v4.0 and v4.1 can download Service Pack 2
Prior to the introduction of the Datacard® ID Works® Tru Photo software, ID Works® SecurReg v1.1 software and ID Works® visitor manager v4.1 software, a combination of software and hardware keys were used to license ID Works software. Therefore, the ID Works software key-detection code only looked for one hardware security key and stopped once it was located. Now, several new products require hardware keys, therefore, there is a need for multiple hardware keys to be attached to one system.
If ID Works® identification software v4.x is installed on a system utilizing a hardware key, and the intent is to install another ID Works software product on the same system utilizing an additional hardware key(s), Service Pack 2 will be required.
- ID Works SecurReg software v1.1
- ID Works visitor manager software v4.1
- ID Works Tru Photo software v4.0
Service Pack 2 Description:
ID Works Identification Software v4.x Service Pack 2 includes the following:
- Support For Multiple Hardware Security Keys (excludes software licensing keys): With the introduction of the Datacard® Tru Photo software, ID Works SecurReg v1.1 software and ID Works visitor manager v4.1 software, there is now a need to support multiple security keys on one system when installed with ID Works v4.x software.
- Service Pack 1: All modifications of the previously released Service Pack 1 are included in Service Pack 2. For a detailed description of Service Pack 1, please see below.
Service Pack 1 Detailed Description:
ID Works identification software v4.0 Service Pack 1 includes the following:
- Delete All Command: Deleting more than 100 records using the Delete All command may result in deletion. This has been corrected. As part of the change, the Delete All command is not selectable for projects using multiple database tables.
- ODBC Select More than 200 Record Message Removed: When deleting more than 200 records, a message would appear warning the user that it may take awhile to retrieve the data. The performance of retrieving the records proved to not be an issue and the message was viewed as an annoyance. As a result we have removed this message.
- ID Works SDK software: Two-sided Cards Return Failed Completion Status: Using the Datacard ID Works SDK, a developer has the capability to add functionality to report if a card is printed and or encoded without error. A problem was discovered when printing a two-sided card while using the card completion status feature. A failed return status was always reported, even when the card was printed and or encoded correctly. This has been corrected.
Current ID Works® Basic, Standard, Standard Production, Standard Designer, Enterprise, Enterprise Production and Enterprise Designer v3.0, v3.1, v3.1-Service Pack 1 or v3.1-Service Pack 2 users can download Service Pack 3.
NOTE: For licensed ID Works Basic, Standard, Standard Production, Standard Designer, Enterprise, Enterprise Designer, and Enterprise Production v3.0 or v3.1 users only.
Current ID Works software v3.0/v3.1 users can download Service Pack 3, which addresses the following issues:
- Card static text field descenders now display properly
- Bar code memory leak problems have been eliminated
- Bar code background color problems corrected
- Bar code temp file problems corrected
Service Pack 3 also includes the following fixes and enhancements included in Service Pack 2:
- K panel photo image print quality improved
- New Datacard® Smart Driver™ printer driver version 4 automatically assigned a plug-in when ID Works software is installed
- Database error correction for Preface™ software users upgrading to ID Works software v3.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 98 operating system printing robustness improved (printing large numbers of cards may cause errors; changes have been made to ID Works software to minimize the impact of the Windows 98 system limitations--use of newer operating systems, such as Windows 2000 or XP Professional is highly recommended when producing large numbers of cards)
- ID Works SDK users: added a pre-print event that fires before the print dialog
- Memory leak in printer and magnetic stripe plug-ins eliminated
- Throughput for smart card batch encoding improved
Finally, all fixes applied in ID Works Service Pack 1 are included in Service Pack 3. The Service Pack 1 issues included:
- Display quality of photo images captured with Datacard USB Digital Camera improved
- Database space character no longer changed to NULL
- SDK issues (timing of the batch print cancel dialog, timing of the EV_SEARCH_POST event handler, and binary field GetFieldData and SetFieldData methods)
Please review the README file included with Service Pack 3 for more information.
The ID Works Software Language Packs allows end users to convert any edition of ID Works v6.5 software to one of the following languages listed below. Prior to installing the Language Pack, please make sure that an edition of ID Works v6.5 software has been installed.
Now you can test drive Datacard® ID Works® identification software and see for yourself how your enterprise can operate more securely, intelligently and profitably.
Datacard Group offers, at no charge, evaluation software packages that will identify your company's card identification needs and give you a glimpse of the essential tools for designing cards and reports, entering data, capturing images and producing full-color ID cards and reports that are available through this robust application.
Current evaluation software is available in English and includes:
Download ID Works® Standard identification software with no expiration date. Prints watermark on cards. Available for Microsoft® Windows® Vista™, Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional
Click here to download Evaluation software version 6.5
Connecting and creating Databases using ID Works Basic, Standard or Enterprise
Adding barcode fields using ID Works Basic, Standard or Enterprise
How to add a barcode field to a card design (Intro, Basic, Standard or Enterprise)
Select full screen for the best viewing experience