CE870 Instant Issuance System Support
Please contact the sales and service provider in your geographic area to help you with your technical questions.
Click here to locate your Datacard sales and service representative.
For immediate assistance Datacard has Customer Support Centers that are available to serve customers in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific regions. We will be able to provide you with the authorized service provider nearest you.
- Americas, CardWizard Support +1 800.568.4598 or +1 952.988.1512
- Americas +1 800.328.3996 or +1 952.988.2316
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) +44 1489555627
- Asia Pacific +852 2821 0126
The Datacard XPS Card Printer Driver uses Microsoft XPS print technology to support card production on the SD, CD and CE series systems. The following Operating Systems (latest service pack recommended) are supported with the XPS Card Printer Driver v5.0
- Windows 8/8.1, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows XP with SP3, 32-Bit
- Windows 2012 R2 Server, 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Server, 64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2 Server, 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server 64-bit
- Windows 2003 R2 Server, 32-bit
NOTE: This plug-in version included with the v5.0 driver installation requires ID Works v6.5. Customers with ID Works versions older than this must upgrade to ID Works v6.5 or continue to use the older plug-in for non-laminator printers. The older plug-in is not included in this driver installation and is available here.
XPS Card Printer firmware D3.14.8-6 is used only on D3 main control boards.
The firmware can be installed on the SD260L, SD360, CD800, CD820, CE840 and CE870 Card Printers listed below. The instructions for updating firmware are included in this download. Please read and understand all instructions before upgrading the printer’s firmware.
- SD260L - Serial Numbers after D11000
- SD360 - Serial Numbers after B17000
- CD800 - Serial Numbers after C20000
- CD820 - All Serial Numbers
- CE840 - All Serial Numbers
- CE870 - All Serial Numbers
The firmware update utility supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows XP with SP3, 32 bit
- Windows 2003 Server, 32 bit
- Windows 2008 Server 32 and 64 bit
The Software Development Kit provides codes samples and documentation to software developers for developing Microsoft Windows applications that work with SD, CD and CE series systems and the version 5.0 XPS Card Printer Driver. Samples are provided as source code and compiled binaries for Visual C++, Visual C#, Visual Basic, and java. Developers who need application control of printing preferences, application control of card movement, or require data from the card must use the SDK.
NOTE: The v5.0 SDK requires XPS Card Printer Driver v5.0 or later. The latest driver is located on this page under the Drivers tab above.
The Application Programming Interface (API) built into the XPS Card Printer Windows driver (referred to as “the driver”) provides two means for your application to control card personalization operations using the driver. Both use built-in Windows operating system interfaces.
- One means of control is the use of the driver Print Ticket. Print Ticket is a required feature of any driver using the XML Paper Specification (XPS) print driver architecture introduced with Windows Vista (and available on Windows XP when the XPS Essentials Pack is installed). Through the Print Ticket, your application can override the driver’s printing preferences on a job-by-job basis.
- The other means of control is the use of the Windows IBiDiSpl interface. The IBiDiSpl interface is the Microsoft preferred API for printer control. Using the IBiDiSpl interface, your application places the driver in “interactive mode” where the application has fine-grained job control and can access data on the card during the card personalization process.