Issue high-quality credit and debit cards on demand with the Datacard® 280P card personalization system. This reliable system offers a range of personalization capabilities, making it ideal for issuing embossed credit, debit and ATM cards.
- Deliver attractive, durable credit or debit cards instantly.
- Improve productivity with fast performance.
- Protect cards and data with security features.
- High productivity
The 280P system enables on-demand issuance in a fast, single-pass operation with speeds up to 380 cards per hour. It also offers a variety of card input and output configurations to help optimize production workflow.
- Flexible capabilities
Create credit and debit cards with embossed characters, smart card chips, logos, text and bar codes. You can start with high-quality embossing, then add indent printing, color topping or monochrome graphics printing capabilities as your needs change. Easy upgradeability also keeps the initial investment low.
- Strong security
Protect credit cards and cardholder data with built-in security features. The 280P system traps used foil ribbons and rejected cards to keep account numbers safe. It also supports direct downloading of cardholder data, so you know how many cards are issued, who authorized and printed them, and who received them.
- 93-character embossing wheel
- Automatic card feed with 200-card input
- Dual operating mode (online or offline)
- Error checking software with auto-recovery
- RS-232 communications
- 2-line by 40-character message display
- Nine stored formats
- Two automatic card counters
- Exception card capability
- Password access
- Security keylock on system cabinet
- Print drivers for Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, NT® 4.0, 2000 Professional and XP operating systems
- UltraGrafix® print module - Add single-color photos, logos, text and other graphics to your cards to differentiate your business.
- Smart card personalization module
- Magnetic stripe encoding module
- Color topping module
- Indent printing module
- Datacard® Affina® issuance platform software
- Datacard® ID Works® identification software
- WinLec low-volume batch issuance software
- Data conversion utility software
- 327X or 5256 internal communication interface
- Variety of card input/output configurations
- User prompts in language of choice
- Pop-up keyboard
- Printer interface
- Standard or CR-50 card capability
- Security keylock on input hopper and reject stacker
- Physical dimensions: 25.0 in. x 17.75 in. x 16.5 in. (635 mm x 451 mm x 412 mm) with output stacker; 25.25 in. x 17.75 in. x 16.5 in. (641 mm x 451 mm x 412 mm) with topper module; 31.25 in. x 19.54 in. x 16.5 in. (794 mm x 497 mm x 412 mm) with extended cabinet and topper module
- Footprint: 15.0 in. x 14.74 in. (381 mm x 375 mm); 19.75 in. x 15.5 in. (502 mm x 394 mm) with topper module; 21.25 in. x 14.75 in. (540 mm x 375 mm) with extended cabinet
- Weight: 80 lbs. (36.3 kg); 123.0 lbs. (55.8 kg) with topper; 111.0 lbs. (50.4 kg) with extended cabinet; 154.0 lbs. (69.9 kg) with extended cabinet and topper
- Electrical requirements: 120V, 50/60 Hz; 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Plastic cards accepted: CR-80, 3.375 in. x 2.125 in. (85.7 mm x 54.0 mm), card thickness 0.020 in. to 0.030 in. (0.51 mm to 0.76 mm); CR-50, 3.5 in. x 1.75 in. (88.9 mm x 44.4 mm), card thickness: 0.020 in. to 0.030 in. (0.51 mm to 0.76 mm)
- Agency approvals: CE, FCC and VDE emissions