A ribbon can break if the power applied by the printhead is too high. Do the following to repair a broken ribbon.
- Open the printer and remove the print ribbon cartridge.
- Trim the ends of the broken ribbon evenly.
- Align the ends of the broken ribbon and apply adhesive tape to secure them.
- Turn the take-up spool counterclockwise until the mended portion is wound around the spool two or three turns.
- Reinstall the print ribbon cartridge in the printer.
- Close the printer.
- Press the User button.