If you plan to insert cards into the printer manually, skip this step and keep a supply of blank cards near the printer.
- Cards can stick together. Slide or fan the cards to separate the edges before placing them in the input hopper. Handle cards by their edges only.
- Insert ISO magnetic stripe cards with the stripe (back side) facing down and to the right.
- Insert smart cards with the smart card chip facing up and toward the back of the hopper.
- A diagram inside the input hopper shows the correct orientation for each type of card.
- Unlock the printer, if necessary, and open the input hopper.
- Load the cards into the input hopper.
- Close the input hopper and lock the printer, if necessary.